Department of CSE
VISION: To provide graduates with moral values and high academic goals in the area of computer science & engineering to meet present and future needs of society.
- To train the students in latest technologies.
- To provide quality education in both theoretical and applied foundation of computer science.
- To groom our students become professionally and morally sound engineers.
- To prepare graduates to handle computer software and hardware oriented projects for the industry
- To develop excellence in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology
- To develop Research activity and organize Ph.D programmes in the department
Department of Computer Science & Engineering & Information Technology:
The department is established in the academic year 2008-09. Experienced faculty is available in the cadre of professors, Associate Professors, Assistant Professors according to the norms of the university. The department has established several laboratories with advanced and modern Computers, softwares.
Data Structures Lab Through C++ Object- Oriented Programming Lab
DBMS Lab Computer Networks And Operating Systems Lab
Web Technologies & Compiler Design Software Engineering Lab
Linux Programming & Data mining DAA Lab
Cryptography & Network Security Lab
Future Scope in Computer Science Engineering:
Students who are interested in programming, software development, computer science and have good analytical and reasoning skills may pursue this course. B.C.A. (Bachelor of Computer Applications) is a slightly similar course. But B.E./B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering is bit more detailed and is a much more valuable Degree!
B.E./B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering is all about Computer Sciences, programming languages, software development and testing, networking etc. It also focuses on using the above mentioned skills and knowledge for practical and Industry specific usage.
Job opportunities are available for Graduates in Government as well as Private sector. Graduates may take up the following job posts-
- Software Engineer
- Software Tester
- Project Manager
- Application Developer
After completing M.E./M.Tech. program, one may also take up a teaching job. Also, after taking up PhD program, one may also build a career in the Research and Development sector. The good thing about B.E./B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering program is that it also allows one to remain self employed. Average starting salary is generally between 3-5 Lakh Rupees an year. One may start one’s own programming and software development venture and remain self employed!
- The Department is equipped with five Computer labs with high end configuration. The Department is headed by an Associate Professor with Doctoral Degree having decade of teaching experience, 2 Associate Professors with M.Tech. and 9 Assistant Professors form the strength of the Department.
- To provide the students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to solve real-world problems with the application of computer science knowledge with teamwork and problem solving skills.
- To train the students with good depth of knowledge in the core areas of computer science so as to comprehend engineering trade-offs, analyze, design, and synthesize data and technical concepts to create novel products and solutions for their real-life problems.
- To train the students in professional and communication skills and exposure to contemporary technologies for immediate employment for life-long learning in advanced areas of computer science and its related fields.
- To develop students to excel with leadership qualities along with diverse career paths towards professional ethics for a successful career.
- In view of the revolution in Communication and Computer sector in the world, there is a challenging task ahead for Computer Professionals. Keeping this in view, the Computer Science course has emerged as one of the indispensable engineering.
- The Department organized a technical workshop on ANDROID, BDA, IOT & CLOUD COMPUTING.
- The Department organized a series of Guest lectures in every semester from various premier institutes and universities delivered their expert talks and shared their research experiences with students.